How to complete Fortnite Cipher encrypted and unencrypted challenges, rewards listed
Everything we know about the encrypted and unencrypted quests.
Cipher quests were introduced in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1, but they actually carry on into the start of Chapter 4, Season 2.
Some of these tasks are listed like any other in Fortnite, but others are actually encrypted, and you'll have to work out what they're asking you to do in order to earn all the rewards.
Below, we've detailed how the event works, all Cipher rewards and challenges currently in Fortnite, and how to complete encrypted challenges once they've been cracked.
On this page:
Fortnite unencrypted and encrypted Cipher quests explained
From 28th February until Tuesday, the 7th March, there will be new Cipher quests added to Fortnite every day. However you actually have until Friday, 10th March - after Chapter 4, Season 2 releases - to complete all the challenges and get your rewards.
Most of the Cipher challenges are unencrypted, meaning that you can read them in your quests list like any other task. There are some mysterious encrypted challenges, however, that need to be cracked in order to know what task you have to complete.
After completing an encrypted Quest, you'll unlock the next one after it becomes available.
XP is earned for completing individual Cipher challenges, and you'll also get new cosmetic rewards for completing a certain number of both encrypted and unencrypted challenges before the event ends on Friday, 10th March.
You can try and crack the Ciphers on your own, but we'll add what each encrypted quest is below when the community figures it out if you'd like to know what they are.
Fortnite Cipher rewards
As mentioned above, you get XP for completing individual Cipher challenges, but you'll also unlock cosmetics for reaching certain unencrypted and encrypted challenge completion milestones.
Here's every Cipher reward in Fortnite and how to get them:
|Fortnite Cipher Reward||How to get|
|Keep the Peace Spray||Complete 7 unencrypted Cipher Quests|
|Order Up Loading Screen||Complete 15 unencrypted Cipher Quests|
|Deciphered Emoticon||Complete 24 unencrypted Cipher Quests|
|Circuitry Wrap||Complete 3 encrypted Cipher Quests|
|Distant Roar Spray||Complete the 188.8.131.52.27. 1.22 184.108.40.206.20.21 220.127.116.11 encrypted task (we'll add what this is when we know)|
Unencrypted Fortnite Cipher challenges listed
You get 10K XP for completing each Cipher task in Fortnite.
With thanks to iFireMonkey on Twitter for sourcing this information, here's every current and future Unencrypted Cipher challenge in Fortnite:
- Visit Bastion Outposts (3)
- Collect ammo from chests (100)
- Upgrade vehicles with Off-Road Tires or Cow Catchers (3)
- Hit opponents with ranged weapons from 75 metres or more (5)
- Get eliminations with a weapon of Uncommon rarity or higher (3) - Part 1 of 3
- Get eliminations with a weapon of Rare rarity or higher (3) - Part 2 of 3
- Get eliminations with a weapon of Epic rarity or higher (3) - Part 3 of 3
- Get eliminations with a weapon of Legendary Rarity or higher (3)
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or the Six Shooter (300) - Part 1 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or the Six Shooter (1000) - Part 2 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or the Six Shooter (2000) - Part 3 of 3
- Damage opponents with the Infantry Rifle or the Six Shooter (3500)
- Mark targets with the Falcon Scout (3)
- Drive a vehicle in different named locations (5)
- Deal explosive damage to enemy players (250)
- Collect bars from eliminated players (50)
- Complete bounties (3)
- Purchase items from a character or Vending Machine (5)
- Reroll Augments (3)
- Place recruitment posters (4)
- Spend bars (250) - Part 1 of 3
- Spend bars (750) - Part 2 of 3
- Spend bars (2500) - Part 3 of 3
- Spend bars (5000)
- Gain shields (150)
- Destroy objects while in a vehicle (45)
- Deal damage to players with assault rifles (500)
- Outlast Opponents (50) - Part 1 of 3
- Outlast Opponents (150) - Part 2 of 3
- Outlast Opponents (300) - Part 3 of 3
Remember, you only have until Friday, 10th March to complete these challenges to get your rewards.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Chapter 1 is here, complete with a new augments system, Cipher quests, Oathbound Chests, Falcon Scout, Geralt, the School of Llama web event, and the Ageless Champion to beat! Meanwhile, learn what the best weapons are, how to get XP fast, use the best PC settings, earn the Victory Umbrella, find character locations and earn a Victory Crown.
How to complete Encrypted Fortnite Cipher challenges
With the same information from iFireMonkey on Twitter, we know what the codes to crack the encrypted challenges are already, but we don't know all of them just yet!
With credit to Idunno1823 on Twitter and j8hnb on Youtube for their solutions, below is all the encrypted Cipher challenges in Fortnite.
|Encrypted Cipher Challenge||How to complete||Map location||Area Picture|
|18.104.22.168.14. 22.214.171.124.21.6||Interact with table in Anvil Square (basement of eastern house nearest the bridge)|
|126.96.36.199.27. 1.22. 188.8.131.52.20.21. 184.108.40.206||Use a spray in the bowling alley in Faulty Splits (large northern building)|
|220.127.116.11.14.25. 18.104.22.168||Interact with computer under Lonely Labs snowbank (go inside shipping container and down the stairs)|
Thanks to realNumberSets on Twitter for working out from game files that the next encrypted challenge locations are at Lonely Labs and Shattered Slabs, but we'll have to wait until the challenges are either fully encrypted or released to find out what you have to do there.
Encrypted Cipher quests are— ℝ (@realNumberSets) February 28, 2023
22.214.171.124.14 126.96.36.199.21.6 = Anvil Square
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2.22 = Lonely Labs
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.4.19 = Shattered Slabs
126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.12 = Spray at Splits Bowl
We'll add more solutions when they've been cracked - good luck completing the Cipher challenges!
If you would like to learn more about Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1, visit our guides on the best PC settings, a best weapon tier list, how to get both Geralt skins, how to get XP fast, character locations, and animal locations.